• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculation of Service days

ashish navale

Hi, I am working on a project of time & attendance. In a sheet row B1 has Hire date, Row B2 has Year End Date i.e., 31.12.2012.

My requirement is when I input any date in B1 I should get output i.e, no. of working days in a year in Row B3 excluding weekends. Please help me with a perfect formula for this.

Also, here is the information on the above formula.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/networkdays-HP005209190.aspx

Hi, ashish navale!

Additionally to what Montrey posted, perhaps you want to look at this functions too:

NETWORKDAYS.INTL

WORKDAY

WORKDAY.INTL

For these (and for all) help is available from within Excel typing =FUNCTION( and pressing the formula button "f(x)" at the left of the formula edit bar and then clicking on "Help about this function".

Regards!

Since Sirjb7 is an international user his solutions would most likely be the best solution for your problem, Ashish

PS to what SirJB7 posted, the NETWORKDAYS.INTL and WORKDAY.INTL functions are only available in XL 2010.

@ashish navale

Luke M's right (as usual I should add). I always forget to state my current Excel version. Sorry for that.

Regards!

@Montrey

Hi!

We're all international, one from each country, so sometimes it will all depends on locale issues. BTW, thanks for you a little bit exaggerated nice words.

Regards!

@Luke M

Hi!

Thank you for the correction. I wonder how many users couldn't have applied my suggestions for having omitted that were 2010 version functions. Ooops...

Regards!

Back