• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculated field in Pivot

AK

I have data in tabular format as follows:

Requirement Type Dept1 Dept2 Dept3 Total

Req1 Type1 10 29 30 69

Req2 Type2 20 29 30 79

Req3 Type3 5 29 30 65

What is needed is the number which is a %age of the total department wise efforts. I have created a pivot with Type as a column field and the deptwise numbers as value fields. The pivot is able to give me deptwise total for each requirement. Can I get deptwise numbers which are a %age of the department wise grand total?

Could you please help me with this? I am currently stuck up and this would be really great help.

Thanks

AK

I think you can just change the type of calculation so that you can show % of instead of actual values. right click on any number in value area of pivot, go to value field settings > show value as > and specify % of column as the value type.

Hello

Let me explain further. The pivot is giving me the data in the form I want. What I want additional is one more row in the pivot which will be a %age of the the total deptwise numbers. I can upload my example to clarify if needed. Please let me know how do I upload it.

Thanks

AK

Hi AK,

May be this link will work this time

http://rapidshare.com/files/409415132/Chandoo_Forum_-_Pivot_percentage.xls

Thanks for your example. However, it did not solve the purpose. I fixed the problem with the help of a macro. Thanks for your help.

AK

Back