• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Boolean operator

john8714

I need an operator that stops the check when the max score is 80. Would the enclosed equation yield the max score check?

=IF(A1=80;"A";IF(A1>=57;"B";IF(A1>=40;"C";"F")))

Hi ,

Why not :

=IF(A1 >= 80;"A";IF(A1 >= 57;"B";IF(A1 >= 40;"C";"F")))

If A1 has any value of 80 or more , then the cell where this formula is entered will contain A ; for values between 57 and 79 inclusive , the cell will contain B , for values between 40 and 56 inclusive , the cell will contain C , and for all values less than 40 , the cell will contain F.

Is this not what you want ?

Narayan

Hi ,

Why not :

=IF(A1 >= 80;"A";IF(A1 >= 57;"B";IF(A1 >= 40;"C";"F")))

If A1 has any value of 80 or more , then the cell where this formula is entered will contain A ; for values between 57 and 79 inclusive , the cell will contain B , for values between 40 and 56 inclusive , the cell will contain C , and for all values less than 40 , the cell will contain F.

Is this not what you want ?

Narayan
I had it A1 >= 80 before and the complaint was that there is no cut off at 80. I fully agree with you that it should be a solution that is acceptable. I will give you a like because you thought exactly like I did the first time around. I have solved for not (since it has to be a nested IF statement) w/ A1 <= 80.

Back