• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Best web-based spreadsheet

fred

hi all,

could anyone suggest the best web based spreadsheet? I have tried a few (Soho, Google Docs, Think Free and EditGrid) but none of them can perform the jobs that I need, such as multiple page linkage, macros (especially macros), and formating as in Excel 2003 or Excel 2007.

What should I tell my supervisor? I'm leaning on telling him that due to the complexitity of the spreadsheet I have created in house, there is no way we can put it on the web (intranet) for internal use.

Fred

If using on an Intranet have you considered Excel Services ?

Which is a SQL/Sharepoint/Excel backend solutions to what you want to do

Have a read of: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms582023.aspx

Thanks Hui.

I thought Sharepoint is just a "public library" which documents have to be downloaded onto a computer; work on it then upload it back on to the server?

Say I have this situation. I have created a spreadsheet with multiple pages (with macros) for sales team to use. The process is for me to update the spreadsheet from time to time as new price/products come out to the market. And sales people would go to a secured website, log on and see the spreadsheet before their eyes and enter the sales data and any special scenario on the spreadsheet. use macros I have designed to help them calculate final price and discounts. Then they would save and the file is automatically forward to their supervisors for final approval before actual production of service and payment collection.

I just need Excel Services to handle the spreadsheet part (from data maintenance, sales input, calculation and email confirmation of approval). Do you know if Excel Services can handle it? How good is their service?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions. I have already started a process to do more investigation on the link you have suggested.

Back