• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Best free add-ins for excel

Shoebird

I currently use a couple of different add-ins for excel and did a search on this website that wasn't successful. But there are so many awesome individuals on this site, perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing what are your favorite free add-ins for excel and why?

Thanks in advance!

The one I store all my favorite macros in! :DD
I use
Luke M's Tools (seriously, I just store all my favorite macros in here)
JWalk Charting Tools
Analysis ToolPak
PivotPower (not PowerPivot, this is from Contextures.com)

This could end up being a very long thread! ;)

To add an Excel VBA perspective, MZ-Tools and CodeCleaner are my absolute essentials.

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 18
For myself, I really enjoy Megastat for a variety of reasons. The reason for the post is that I have recognized that there must be other add-ins that are terrific as well that I am just not aware of and this string could not only make myself better but other's that read it as well.

Thank you all for your posts! I will check them out.

The one I store all my favorite macros in! :DD
I use
Luke M's Tools (seriously, I just store all my favorite macros in here)
JWalk Charting Tools
Analysis ToolPak
PivotPower (not PowerPivot, this is from Contextures.com)
Thank you for the response Luke. I was looking around but without success but, where would I find "Luke M's Tools"?

Thank you

Thank you for the response Luke. I was looking around but without success but, where would I find "Luke M's Tools"?

Thank you
I haven't published it before. :DD It's just the location where I store any macros I stumble across that I want to save. similar to a Personal.xls workbook. If you're curious, here's the add-in. Note that this is fairly raw, and not everything is commented. :)

Attachments

• Lukes_Tools.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 29
@Luke M
Hi, buddy!

First of all, thank you very much for sharing your Victorinox.

Now, just a few comments:

1) Module Functions

Getting the user name:
Environ("USERNAME")

IsFormula:
I'd change this:
IsFormula = (Left(r.Formula, 1) = "=")
by this:
IsFormula = r.HasFormula
to avoid contents starting with equal sign and followed by something else like:
==
=+
=fooling luke

LastRow/LastCol/Last:
Ha! You'd better search my posts for what I think it should be the detection of last used row/column, i.e., what about if row 65536 or 1048576 (or column 256 or 16384) isn't blank or the whole column/row contains data?

2) Module Subs

One that I never take time to write is that which sets all (ALL) Excel options, either to its default post installation values or to them but modified by my standard defaults (just a few tweaks), so it could be run anytime after opening a politically incorrect and cubbish workbook with macros that changes everything as it were the only one ever possible file to be used. Specially useful here at chandoo.org forums or at forums in general where members post anything you can imagine.

PrepChandoo:
Feeling like Jerry Fletcher? :p

Regards!

@SirJB7
Ha ha, glad you liked it. Yes, there's a few functions in there that look like I haven't touched since my "early" VB years. Going to have to update them.

Forgive my ignorance, but who/which Jerry Fletcher are you referring to?

Back