1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Been trying to re-create this bullet style chart forever any ideas?

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Lal Echterhoff, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lal Echterhoff

Lal Echterhoff New Member

2. AlanSidman

AlanSidman Active Member

3. Lal Echterhoff

Thna
    Thanks for the reply!
    Been there many times, problem with bullets is they start on 0,and too complicated for my chart. I need to start and end on Hi/Low. All base bars can be same size, just the label changes depending on hi/low.

So, consists of:
    1-Same size bar labeled with hi and low
    2-A range overlay of +1/-1 Std. Deviation
    3-The latest #
    4-An arrow or some way to show current trend up or down

Should be easier than most bullets I have seen, just not an excel chart expert.

Thanks
  4. AlanSidman

AlanSidman Active Member

I am not much of charter myself. I do have a spreadsheet (attached) that demos how to make a thermometer chart. You might be able to modify to meet your needs.

Attached Files:

5. Lal Echterhoff

Thanks! I will try it