• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Basic: Bar Charts

YPJunk

Hello,

I am new to this forum and website. I am developing my excel charting abilities.

I would like the bar chart to show the X number of "fruits" in a specific group range:
  • 10+ Gains
  • 1+ to 9+ Gains
  • 0 Gains
  • -1 to -9 Negative Gains
  • -10 and below Negative Gains
By looking at the bar I hope to see: 4 "fruits" had 10+ gains; 2 had gains between 1 and 9; and so on.

Attached is a sample file. I appreciate any feedback. [but please be nice :) ]

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

YP

Attachments

• Fruit Gain Sample.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome YP!

Please see attached file, I think it shows what you want.

Attachments

• Example Fruit Gain Sample.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi, YPJunk!
Give a look at the uploaded file. It's the same as Luke M's, but I started 1st! ;)
Regards!

@Luke M
Hi!
How many times have I told you that you shouldn't leave topics opened for a looong time?
Regards!

Attachments

• Basic_ Bar Charts - Fruit Gain Sample (for YPJunk at chandoo.org).xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Welcome YP!

Please see attached file, I think it shows what you want.

Thank you Luke! I re-did the exercise successfully! Quick Question...what is the significance of the "&" in the formula?
=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!$H$3:$H$106,">="&A5,Sheet1!$H$3:$H$106,"<="&B5)

-YP

Hi, YPJunk!

As Luke M should be spying over another people shoulder (he uses to do so to steal their stuff and post as of his own) I'll answer you.
COUNTIFS has arguments in pairs, being the 1st element of each pair the range to be counted and the 2nd element the condition. Since you have to build a condition like:
>=10
and you have 10 in cell A5 as in the example, the concatenation operator & does the job: it simply puts together what's at his left followed by what's at his right.

Glad you solved it. Thanks for your feedback and for your kind words too. And welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

Back