• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Bar of Pie shows slivers for 0 values?

Otawata

Hi All,

I'm creating a Bar of Pie chart from a data table. In a typical bar or pie chart, I don't see anything represented in the chart area for "0" values. However, in the bar of pie chart, it is showing a small bar piece for my "0" values and I can't figure out how to not have this displayed in the chart. I don't want my users to get confused that there is some amount. In the example below, the dark yellow value at the bottom is "0", but shows up in the bar. Can you help? Thank you!

1729796739064.png

I suspect that those chart elements have borders:

1729798760075.png
Select the element and if they have a border you'll see something like:

1729799087089.png

It could be automatic or solid border.
Try changing it to No line:

1729799201468.png

then deselecting the chart element:

1729799622342.png

There may still be little something on mine in the pic above!

You should be able to remove the borders from the whole series rather than one point at a time (you can).
If this isn't the problem, then a file demonstrating your problem would be in order, then we can have an explore.

Last edited:
OMG, they do have borders. I don't usually add them, but this time I did to make the squares in the legend look a bit more robust. I didn't expect the borders to show on 0 values, but that did the trick. Thank you so much!

Back