• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

*** Bar Chart Customizing ***

I have a data file of stdDev's of volatility. The .csv file can contain anywhere from 100-200 records (1 record=1 line of date,data) of date and the stdDev data. The format for each record is mm/dd/yyyy, %1.2f. The range for the stdDev is +/-5.00. I have a Python program that outputs the .csv file.

Currently, I copy/paste the stdDev data from the .csv file to a sheet in xl and then plot it as a bar chart. The y-axis of the chart contains the stdDev range (+/-5.0) and the x-axis is numbered from 1 to n, where every increment of n is equivalent to a single record date.

Currently, if I'm interested in the date of a particular stdDev I have to look at the n-increment on the x-axis and then go to the .csv file to find the date. This is not very efficient.

Here are my questions:

1. How can I shade the bar chart for each month of data? Are there control char's that I can put in the .csv file or can this be confifured througn xl?

2. Based on the format of my .csv of date, data can I put the date on the x-axis? This would replace the n-increment that I currently have. If the format of the file has to change I can easily do that.

Any ideas or suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake

Have you tried using a Pivot Chart to analyse the data

Best parts being the use of Drop Downs & Slicers to allow you to interactively move through your data or group it if that is required.

Also allows you to manipulate fields by drag Drop if you don't like the groupings

Back