• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Bank Reconciliation help

Shabbo

Dear Sir,
I wanted to lookup reference number in my ledger from bank statement.

Attachments

• BANK RECONCILATION help.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 12
Once it has been located, what do you want to happen. Using Vlookup or Index/Match locating it is easy. But you have not given us a full story. Try again and explain in detail what you want to happen using simple business terms.

Dear Sir,
Please refer yellow highlighted are the output what I wanted to lookup.
I have bank statement and ledger, from ledger note column should take reference number and search in bank statement column C that is description and after matching put the reference number from bank statement column D as per shown in bank ledger yellow highlighted.

Attachments

11.4 KB · Views: 5
Other than the reference number which you are searching for, I don't see any relationship between the two sheets. Please explain the criteria in the ledger that matches the value you are looking for in the bank statement. It is not obvious to me. Looking at the highlighted yellow makes no sense to me.

Other than the reference number which you are searching for, I don't see any relationship between the two sheets. Please explain the criteria in the ledger that matches the value you are looking for in the bank statement. It is not obvious to me. Looking at the highlighted yellow makes no sense to me.
Dear Sir,
Please check red highlighted.

Attachments

11.7 KB · Views: 9
Understand what you are looking to do, however, I don't understand how to help you with this issue. Hopefully, someone else will. Unless you are able to break out the criteria to a separate cell, I can offer no help. Good luck finding a solution.

There is a way to use and train flash fill by entering a few examples then highlighting the whole range and press CTRL+E.
do this on both sheets and then you can simply do a vlookup.

Back