• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Automatic scheduling in excel

SAN04

I have attached the sheet. Query is highlighted red along with example of what is required.

Please help as it is bit urgent!

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
Hello all,

I want to schedule dates automatically for installation of item 1 and item 2.

Installation dates of item 1 will be based on the selection of batch (1,2,3, etc) and start date of 01 Jan 2019; Also installation dates of item 1 drives dates of the installation of item 2. (Item 1 and 2 will be installed on well A, B, C, D, E & F)

I have shown through an example (in the attached sheet) the dates for the installation of item 1 (with a batch size of "2") for reference.

But I want to update dates in the blank table in my sheet using the highlighted yellow cell where I will punch batch size of item 1 viz. 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5, 6) and requirement is that installation dates should be automatically update based on the batch size for both item 1 and 2 for Well A, B, C, D, E&F.

Please help!

Installation durations are in the attached sheet

(Sheet attached again)

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
All,

I have updated the sheet again with "Tab" while highlighting query in red. Also another tab with "Example" to show what is required.

Please help me with this.

Attachments

• Example 1.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 8
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/1288539-scheduling-in-excel.html#post5187238
As I suggested to you in a PM it would be a good idea for you to read the rules

I have read the rules fluff...Thanks for sharing.

Also, it would be great help if you can please help me the solution.

Also, in case I am not able to explain the requirement by writing then what is another way to explain it to a particular person.

Please suggest

Hello San,
your most recent example file is still faulty, but I think I grasp the essence of what you aim to do. However it's been hard to understand.
The more effort you spend in preparing your question and example in an easy to understand way, higher the chances you'll receive helpful replies.
There seems to be something wrong regarding durations which you might need to correct. I've assumed the following:
Finish date= Start Date + duration of days - 1
That means: Start 2019-01-01 -> Finish 2019-01-01 (morning until evening)

Start date = last Finish Date + 1 (next morning)
Thus Finish Date formulae are very basic and Start Date are the tricky ones.

I've colour coded the unique formula cells. Those are then copied down.
Not that Offset is a volatile function and if you should run into performance issues, you should exchange that for say INDEX + MATCH (google for many explanations of this common usecase).
Regards

Attachments

• SAN04 example.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 20
Back