• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Assistance on Macro Settings in excel 2016

Dear Excel Warrior,

Good day.

I need assistance with the macro settings.

I have downloaded the excel sample from one of their websites to my desktop and when I opened it, all the functions changed to #Name? as below image?

Please kindly guide me to where I should click on the macro settings back to the results.

Attached the workbook as well for your action.

Attachments

• count-sum-by-color-excel.xlsm
    134.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi Marc L,

Thanks for your speedy answer.

On the desktop, the Marco works fine but after I have uploaded into the server, all the functions just changed to #NAME?

I have followed your F9 key and key combo Ctrl Shift Enter then save.. still the same error #NAME?

The only solution I can think of now is to copy the whole file onto the office server as a display only without editing.
The editing will have to do on desktop.

This is the first time having this error after using this workbook on good terms for 4 years.

Your formulas are using user-defined functions that require VBA to run. If macros are blocked, the names of those functions are unrecognized and will give the #NAME error.

I am assuming you mean that you are opening the file from a file server location. If this works when opened locally on your computer but not when you open it from the server, then the server is not configured as a trusted location. You must go to your security settings to add it.

Falinaicare
Please reread Forum Rules - those are for You too
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Falinaicare
Please reread Forum Rules - those are for You too
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.
Dear Vletm,

Before you summoned me with your rules, please read the name of the author, who is not the same name as mine. I like to use the Chandoo platform as one of the good forums for my questions and results.

Sometimes, humans in different worlds may have similar questions coincidently based on their tasks and queries, which I didn't intend to cross-post for a quicker response. Kindly check the office version as mine is using 2016 and "Goddess" is using office version 2019.

I hope you can understand my explanation.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Your formulas are using user-defined functions that require VBA to run. If macros are blocked, the names of those functions are unrecognized and will give the #NAME error.

I am assuming you mean that you are opening the file from a file server location. If this works when opened locally on your computer but not when you open it from the server, then the server is not configured as a trusted location. You must go to your security settings to add it.

View attachment 80792

Dear
6StringJazzer

Thank you for your reply with the screen attached.

I have tried to follow your method but the pop-up message is as below:

I guess I can only use the desktop solution and copy it back to the server as display. In previous years, I had no problem editing and saving to the server, but recently, Microsoft blocked the macro from me using it.

If there is any good solutions, we are welcoming you here.

Thank you.

Falinaicare
I quickly read that link to same kind of thread in other Forum.
There are many similarities.
Cross-posting is possible, if members do as written in rules; let others know it.
Name of author - for many times people have changed it.
If almost same time there are same or almost same opened thread - of course those can be made from different person.
I'm sorry if in this time my reply about cross-posting was wrong.

case #NAME
I opened Your file.
Yes, there were those #NAMEs.
But after I once edited those two formulas - those worked as those should work.

Dear vletm,

You have done an outstanding job managing this platform very well for many years. I have no doubt about it.

I will apologize from my side if this is my wrongdoing. Unless it is a coincidence, unlikely as in this case, I will point it out.

Microsoft has given us a surprise in security warnings like this macro settings issue, which requires a lot of trust in our excel documents. Just do what is best here.

Well, just keep exploring.

Keep it up vletm. :) Thank you.

Back