• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Assistance Needed with VLOOKUP Function in Excel

sammas

I am currently working on an Excel sheet (attached) where I need assistance with the VLOOKUP function. Specifically, I am trying to retrieve the Site Name from the Customer Info sheet based on the Customer ID already listed in the Vendor Info sheet.

Attached is the Excel file with two sheets: Customer Info and Vendor Info. The Customer Info sheet contains Customer IDs and corresponding Site Names. In the Vendor Info sheet, I have a list of Customer IDs for which I need to retrieve the respective Site Names using the VLOOKUP function.

Could someone kindly provide guidance or an example of how to set up the VLOOKUP formula correctly in this scenario? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• TEST FILE rebateDemo.xlsx
    20.6 KB · Views: 4

sammas

=VLOOKUP(lookup value, range containing the lookup value, the column number in the range containing the return value, Approximate match (TRUE) or Exact match (FALSE))

Attachments

23.6 KB · Views: 6

sammas

=VLOOKUP(lookup value, range containing the lookup value, the column number in the range containing the return value, Approximate match (TRUE) or Exact match (FALSE))
Need site name in vendor info sheet 1710196829371.png

Attachments

23.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello ,
As per your suggestion i updated the formula but still I am getting few Error

Also i am attaching the shhet so you can have alook on the error
Values are thier in customer info sheet so few values returning the information few not
1710256869631.png

Attachments

• TEST FILE rebateDemo 3-12-2024.xlsx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Could you please apply the same changes to the sheet I shared? I'm currently unsure about how to do it myself.

Attachments

24.1 KB · Views: 5
I think your formula in cell F2 should be:
Code:
=VLOOKUP(E2,'Customer Info'!A$2:B$100,2,0)
and copy down.
(Note the 0 at the end)

sammas

Sort ...
#1 select whole range
#2 choose SORT
#3 make selections
#4 press [ OK ]
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 20.03.07.png

Attachments

24.9 KB · Views: 3

sammas

... and be careful that all F-column cells has correct formula
... ... some of those had incorrect the column number in the range containing the return value
The last parameter Approximate match (TRUE) or Exact match (FALSE) didn't solve this case - for some reason.
It would be better have only unique list of those Customer IDs & Site Names in Customer Info-sheet.

Back