• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Answering questions with chatGPT, GPT4 and BARD

shili12

• Rule #17:
    The use of AI tools (e.g. chatGPT, BARD, GPT4) to create forum answers is not permitted. If a user is believed to have used such tools to provide a forum answer, sanctions may be imposed.
the other forum made rules,
anything from chandoo ?

Yes this other forum is very restrictive as usual and for the moment Chandoo forum does not have such rule …​
According to what I have seen about VBA & ChatGPT for example​
most of the time - 99% ish - the solution provided is not good enough.​
It can work only with people already well know VBA so the reason why that's useless to answer on VBA forums !​
I saw so many threads on VBA forums like « this ChatGPT code does not work as expected » …​
And when someone try to help with such tool his post may be ridiculous then he looks like a dumb !​
A moderator from another forum told me the spammers use such 'tool' in order to create fake accounts​
to later bypass the 'forum controls' when creating their spams …​
I won't care if the code shared works at least - like a Macro Recorder generated code ! - but I wanna know​
if that comes from such 'tool' in order to see if I can help with a better more efficient way.​
But if the code does not work as expected, my comment may be rough …​

• Rule #17:
    The use of AI tools (e.g. chatGPT, BARD, GPT4) to create forum answers is not permitted. If a user is believed to have used such tools to provide a forum answer, sanctions may be imposed.
the other forum made rules,
anything from chandoo ?
Thanks for helping me know the rules to use ChatGPT more reasonably

I won't care if the code shared works at least - like a Macro Recorder generated code ! - but I wanna knowif that comes from such 'tool' in order to see if I can help with a better more efficient way.But if the code does not work as expected, my comment may be rough …
We seem to be having a member ( @Monty ) making heavy use of AI, without letting us know :(

Not sure about he used it but for sure he must first try 'his code' before posting !​

Marc, I've been a member since 2014 and consistently seek help from this group while also trying to assist those who struggle with Excel, just like I do. I strive to be honest in my learning approach.

Regarding trying before posting, I actually don't, as I've had bad experiences with viruses on my system from downloading Excel files provided by users. Therefore, I refrain from downloading Excel files and writing code or formulas directly onto them.

Regarding trying before posting, I actually don't, as I've had bad experiences with viruses on my system from downloading Excel files provided by users
With today's tools that should not be a problem anymore. I've been on forums for years and never heard of it. But you did not say if your answers are obtained with AI or not? ( and I'm not the only one to thinks so)

According to virus within an Excel macro workbook : I've seen it, not always directly but for sure it can occur …​
Anyway Monty, if you do not want to take some risk, with a good enough Excel security setup​
when you open a downloaded workbook some popup arises in order you can not accept the inner macros
then it is easy for you to copy the data to a brand new workbook then just close the downloaded workbook​
in order to work only with the brand new one where you can add your own VBA procedure.​
As a reminder you can save the downloaded macro workbook to a .xlsx file which automatically removes any VBA code …​

Back