• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Addition of previous week figure with current week and so on

ashish navale

Hi,

I have a report which I run every Tuesday. In report the Column H is 'Total' column. Column G is 'Request Processed' column.

Now when I enter the count of request processed in column G, the previous weeks total(Column H) must get added with the current numbers which I entered in Column G. Eg. In last week if Total column had 100 and when I enter 50 in column G. The Column H i.e Total should show as 150 and so on. The very first time when I did the report I entered it manually. But now I want a formula which could addup the numbers with the previous figures.

Could you please help me with a good formula that will ease out my manual work.

Thanks..

Hi Ashish,

You can do this using SUMIF easily.

=SUMIF(A:A,"<="&D1,B:B)-SUMIF(A:A,"<="&D1-14,B:B)

Assumptions

Column A Contains Week Commencing Dates

Cell D1 Contains Current Week Start Date

Column B contains the figures that you want to add up.

~VijaySharma

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the help..I tried the formula, but it isn't working. It is showing the same no. which I enter in column G. The Total column ie H is not getting addup with previous figures.

Hi ashish. there is not enough information to process in your original message. Vijay's formula is driven by entering the date you have entered and add the previous week's data with the current week's data. it works on my side.

I guess you only need a simple formula where H3 = H2 + G3 and copy down?

Back