• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding A Button

jsjackson1

Can someone tell me if it is "simple" or the steps to adding a button in excel? I have a great worksheet; 5 pages long; and I have everything linked amongst them (I LEARNED ON CHANDOO!!); However....what I need is a button on the 5th and final page that can be clicked on and the totals that are on that page will be updated to the other 4 pages so that the next days info can be started. Thanks for any help!!

Hi, jsjackson1!

From the desired worksheet, go to Programmer tab (if you don't see it after View tab, click on File tab, Options, Customize Options Strip, and check Programmer in the right pane, Accept), Controls group, click on Design Mode button, Insert, select first control from ActiveX Controls, then click and drag a rectangle where you want to place the button and release it. After that, right click on drawed button and display properties window, change Name, colors, font and style if desired, in Caption type the text you want to appear on the button, and finally adjust its position to where you want to place it in your worksheet.

Now right click on button, View Code, and there you should type what you want the button to do.

As your explanation isn't fully clear, I can't write not even a guess of the code you should write bewteen the "Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()" and the "End Sub" statements. Needed a sample workbook as dan_l stated.

Regards!

Back