• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Add "M" as language code as possibility when posting [CODE]

GraH - Guido

This forum platform offers a nice way to share codes for a multitude of languages and formats the code accordingly so it shows in a readable format highlighting syntax keywords.
I always feel a bit sad when I read posts with PQ solutions, often in "general" or "vba" or "rich". Whatever is chosen, it's a bit of a downer as the code is not formatted according the M-standard. I feel this is lacking as more and more people discover about PQ and want to learn it. Also Microsoft has improved the UI and code editor in PQ drastically. Having a code generator that matches the UI view would be great.

Would this be something you can push @Hui , @r1c1 ? Maybe team-up with Mr.Excel board?

Grah
This is a limitation of the Xenforo blog software
Have a read of this article

I can’t find any addins that support M

also Mr Excel uses a different blogging platform

Last edited:
Thank you Hui for your reply. So there is no way to enter a request then.
Could have fooled me, as a lot looks the same on the Mr. Excel message board. Some of the members there created XL2BB code generator add-on for Excel, so I thought the code generator to be the same on both fora.
Have a nice Sunday.

PS I looked, both are on XenForo.

Last edited:
There you go.
I haven't been to Mr Excel for years and he is now using Xenforo also

Just FYI, it was the MrExcel forum admin who created the add-in, not any of the members. As I understand it, there's a certain amount of server-side stuff involved too, not just the VBA in the add-in itself.

You are right. Yet, they are members too those admins ;). The point being they use the same forum platform. It was not really about XL2BB add-on.

The M code I think was a feature that just needed implementing (it was only added yesterday), but I can check that with him, if the powers that be here are interested?

Chandoo will know Mr Excel and would have the best chance of success

I don't claim to understand this fully, but here's what he said:

"I wouldn't say it is easy since not all code languages are included in XenForo package as default (to keep the scripts lighter).

They need to make some template modifications to inject the requested language's JavaScript module or even better create an add-on to keep things organized instead of messing with disorganized template modifications, then also add the corresponding code option in the XenForo admin panel. If they don't have advanced (ok, intermediate for this one) XenForo framework experience, then I strongly recommend working with someone who has. They might end up with crashing things when working with template modifications and custom programming."

Hopefully that is of some use! :)

A side issue, but I would also note that the Microsoft Community site has basic Excel formulas as a code type.
If the LET function gains traction, Excel formulas will look more and more like code and would also benefit from language specific presentation.

Back