• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to Do Call Volume Forecasting for Service Desks

kiidkiid10

so guys i tried to replicate the steps on doing this, i pretty much have it all down but im stuck at table 5 which is already the forecast portion. it seems i have everything in place but judging by the chart in figure 2, it shows the the smoothing index goes up to December when you chart it. Now i maybe missing a step of some sort but that maybe be preventing me from moving on and finishing table 5. im not sure how the ‘PROJECTED CYCLIC INDEX’ was obtained. could it be because i missed a step or a wrong calculation? heres my file and hopefully yall can help.

the article im going by is here:
http://www.isixsigma.com/operations/call-centers/how-do-call-volume-forecasting-service-desks/

heres my file attached!

Attachments

• Forecast.. (1).xlsx
    44.5 KB · Views: 54
Hi kiidkiid10,

Welcome to Chandoo.org forum.

1. The file attached above in your query does not have any refrence to Table 5. Neither you mentioned on what sheet it is there. Provide its refference.

2. By saying "Chart in Figure 2" you mean Chart 2 on Midwest Sheet which is using the Midwest Sheet data A2:D14.

3. If you can tell your base data from which you started your calculation by the method mentioned in the site link you gave above may be somebody can check where you are going wrong.

Regards,

Hi kiidkiid10,

Welcome to Chandoo.org forum.

1. The file attached above in your query does not have any refrence to Table 5. Neither you mentioned on what sheet it is there. Provide its refference.

2. By saying "Chart in Figure 2" you mean Chart 2 on Midwest Sheet which is using the Midwest Sheet data A2:D14.

3. If you can tell your base data from which you started your calculation by the method mentioned in the site link you gave above may be somebody can check where you are going wrong.

Regards,

so i went ahead and explained the steps in this file, that way you can have an understanding on how all the information was obtained. now keep in mind that this is just a mirror from the article that im going off by.

here is the file better explained on how all data was achieved, now on the article it only give you the first step to calculate in each table the rest i had to do.

Attachments

• Forecast.. by Steps.xlsx
    29.2 KB · Views: 62
Hi kiidkiid,

Will have to study the method than only can give any suggestion to you, might take some time, meantime if I will have some query I will ask you.

Regards,

hello kiidkiid10!

here's something you may be interested in. Attached is a calculator that uses the Erlang & Poisson formulas. This has been customized to fit my company's needs. If you have issues customizing the macros, let me know so I can assist. This works on 15min intervals, so its a tad more in depth that the monthly call forecast you work off of.

It will be locked but there is no password, just right click the tab "Dashboard" and click on "unprotect sheet..."

Please note that I did about 15% of this. Full credit goes to callcentrehelper for providing the template.

Attachments

• Coinmach Erlang Calculator.xls
    196.5 KB · Views: 89
Back