• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How do i find the reverse of total

GandaldYT

Hi, I have this invoice and i want to know how can I find the reverse of the total respecting the parameters within the rate cells. I tried solver add in but it just puts in random numbers which didin’t work out. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1B1AA0D9-6F68-49BE-8BC2-13695B842402.jpeg
    1B1AA0D9-6F68-49BE-8BC2-13695B842402.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 42
What does "reverse of the total" mean?

This is a list of
days x rate = amount
and then the amounts are totaled. "Reverse of the total" doesn't really mean anything. What is the result that you want?

What does "reverse of the total" mean?

This is a list of
days x rate = amount
and then the amounts are totaled. "Reverse of the total" doesn't really mean anything. What is the result that you want?
let's say i want to change the total into the number "9280", and then the "Amount" cells to change into a corresponding order so that it equals to 9280 as well as the numbers in "Days". I know it's a bit confusing but i don't know how to formulate it.

let's say i want to change the total into the number "9280", and then the "Amount" cells to change into a corresponding order so that it equals to 9280 as well as the numbers in "Days". I know it's a bit confusing but i don't know how to formulate it.
I think your explanation is confusing because you have not thoroughly thought through what your requirements are.

When you change the total, do you want all the days to be changed proportionally with respect to their original values such that the calculated Amount sums to the new total? For example, given your example, if the new total is 3906 you want all the days to be divided by 2?

I agree with GraH - Guido that you should upload an actual file, which is always better than uploading a picture.

Back