• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help to create dynamic graph with options

arumel

Hello all,

Need a little help with designing my sheet - any help will be greatly appreciated.

So i have a table with a target for department A to H - the target is compared to the 'total performance' which is made from items 1-6.

I want to plot a line graph to compare the target to performance, but try and see how the performance will change if various scenarios were applied (e.g reduce item1 by 10%, delete item 2 completely, double item 4 etc). - i want to simulate one of these scenarios on the line graph (or a combination of more than 1), but then return the graph to original form again after i have viewed the graph

I have been playing with macros to apply the scenarios - but struggling to return the graph to original form after applying the scenario.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Book5.xlsx
    18.2 KB · Views: 2
arumel
One sample
> with L-column You could play Your scenarios
> 'original values' are with red

Attachments

• Book5.xlsx
    18.8 KB · Views: 4
arumel
One sample
> with L-column You could play Your scenarios
> 'original values' are with red

Thanks, but i need the scenarios to update the graph when selected - so if i reduce by x%, i need these new numbers to update the 'target performance line' .. and then i need to somehow return the graph to original form so i can apply scenario 2 ..

Any idea how to do that?

Thanks

arumel
Your: i need the scenarios to update the graph when selected What/where do You select something?
Did You try to do something with L-column dropdowns?
Your if i reduce by x%, i need these new numbers to update the 'target performance line'
If You select from L4 value 10% ... then that would effect will be possible to see from 'target performance line'
as well as with those other selections.
If You return L4 to 0% then chart will show the original scenario.
Your Any idea how to do that?
So far, for my eyes based Your written - You have that solution. ... what is missing?

arumel
Your: i need the scenarios to update the graph when selected What/where do You select something?
Did You try to do something with L-column dropdowns?
Your if i reduce by x%, i need these new numbers to update the 'target performance line'
If You select from L4 value 10% ... then that would effect will be possible to see from 'target performance line'
as well as with those other selections.
If You return L4 to 0% then chart will show the original scenario.
Your Any idea how to do that?
So far, for my eyes based Your written - You have that solution. ... what is missing?

Thanks for your time - i have combined your thoughts with a couple of others and found the solution .. thanks again

arumel
For next time, You should reread Forum Rules

Back