• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel automatically change the font after enter data in new row

navic

ARIAL font is set in sheet1. Formulas are set in cells D1:D5.
When I enter the data in the new row of the table, Excel automatically change the font in cells D1:D5
Get him back to Calibri?

Is it a BUG in Excel 2013?

Attachments

• excel-bug-font.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi ,

I have opened your workbook in Excel 2010 , and the same behaviour is present.

Strange.

What ever be the font of those cells which contain the formulas , what ever be the font size , the moment a new row is added to the table , the font of those cells changes to Calibri , font size 11.

I changed one cell to text , and repeated the same exercise ; the font of all the cells containing formulas changed to Calibri 11 , while the cell which contained text , retained its cell font , font size and style.

Narayan

Last edited:
Hi @NARAYANK991
Thank you for commenting

My default font is Calibri but I set Arial for this case.
If I change the range of cells in formulas, then there is no problem with changing the font?
Please see duplicated sheet.

Does anyone know, what can be the cause of the problem?

Attachments

• excel-bug-font-2.xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi ,

I have no idea what is causing the problem , but using structured table referencing eliminates it.

Use the formula :

=SUMIF(Table13[col6],A1,Table13[col5])

in cell F1 and copy down.

Narayan

I tried in a new workbook in version 2016 and it's the same. This could well be an old bug that has returned. On the MS community I found some older (2017) threads about this. Status closed as it was fixed (thus it is a bug). :confused:

Back