• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Query Problem

ExcelSur

I am trying to accomplish the Solution tab using Power Query. Please see attached spreadsheet

My spreadsheet has sales and data tabs with the Solution expected tab

If the Product in the Product column in sales tab starts with 3 then Power Query should get the information from the data tab which shows 3000 for Product Code and Three Thousand for Product Name and concatenate as 306410-3000-Three Thousand

Can Power Query do this. I dont know how to write VBA Code

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 2019-Jan.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
See attached. I imported both tables into Power Query. Added a custom column to each table and extracted the left most number from the product column. Merged the two tables on the new column. Then concatenated the appropriate columns with a "-" in between. Deleted the unecessary columns

Attachments

• 2019-Jan.xlsx
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
See attached. I imported both tables into Power Query. Added a custom column to each table and extracted the left most number from the product column. Merged the two tables on the new column. Then concatenated the appropriate columns with a "-" in between. Deleted the unecessary columns

Alan,
Thanks for your help

Back