• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

A Representable Chart

cyliyu

Hello All,

I am trying to create a chart but need help and advise what chart and how to make it more suitable to represent the data.
As in the spread sheet:-
1) All RMA Return Product got a 3 months warranty from the supplier.
2) I need to input each month the number of return QTY and track are they failed within the 3 months warranty.
3) E.g. month of April, there are 2 rejects but it was the product returned in Feb and Mar (within the 3 months warranty). but the chart reflected badly on the yield (50%), as there isn't any reject from the month of April return.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Mod edit : thread moved to appropriate forum !

Attachments

• Warranty.xlsx
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like chart is okay, but data is not, as in not organized properly for the chart.
I would try to:
- Plot the failed or rejected to the correct "return month" and not on month of rejection. Same for Passed. Then the % makes sense.
- Add the data of the last 3 months of the previous year, since the data is inconclusive for the the last 3 months... So only January is complete in this example. While The reporting period is 4 months (progressing/sliding), the reported period is a month. Adding this extra data also avoids starting from the ideal 0% in Jan.
- Or inverse the logic and the start from #rejected in month based on #returned since 3 months.
- Perhaps there are 2 different charts to show. One simply showing the number of returns if that says anything at all. A second one the cumulative failed vs cumulative returned. It could be combined on 1 chart as well. In this case I would go for cumulative chart only (and not show the blue series).
- Perhaps a threshold chart would be even better: what is your tolerance level of failed? e.g. between 10% and 15% then the 17% is bad. Below 10% is good to extremely good.
upload_2018-4-30_15-11-31.png

- Finally choose what seems to work and get a message across.

Would love to see some more suggestions (statistically more relevant charts), because I have struggled with similar data presentations before. And could have avoided many discussions... I might add.

Thanks, GraH.
I would like to start tracking the trend from 2018 onward as the past data was not available.

Your chart makes sense, it shows the qty return each month, the cumulative failure rate, the only lack off was the total reject QTY not shown and I may need to attach the table to reflect it in my powerpoint slides.

Would you be able to share your spreadsheet with me?

Manage to come out the chart and hopefully I am doing the right way.

Attachments

• Chandoo_Yield.xlsx
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, GraH.
I would like to start tracking the trend from 2018 onward as the past data was not available.

Your chart makes sense, it shows the qty return each month, the cumulative failure rate, the only lack off was the total reject QTY not shown and I may need to attach the table to reflect it in my powerpoint slides.

Would you be able to share your spreadsheet with me?
Hi, I had the workbook not at my disposal yesterday. Just found it back.

EDIT: seems you managed it ;-)

Attachments

• Warranty.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
Back