• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Paid work for Excel Champs: we need a staff break sheet

I am trying to find a customised excel solution to track, manage and report our staff breaks ie the time they are off work in the office. This reports are important to track productivity and can affect their scorecards and the incentives they earn. We are a closed secured group and averse to use 3rd party softwares because the internet is limited to only access client softwares. In absence of a solution we are tracking it manually which has all kinds of limitations as count of staff increases gradually.

Can you create a solution for us which does it effectively in Excel? I am attaching my failed attempt and a vision of what I think I might work for us.

Attachments

• break sheet for Forum.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 28
You'd probably want to post this in below forum.
http://chandoo.org/forum/forums/jobs/

My personal opinion on the matter, it's better to utilize other means (not necessarily 3rd party software) than Excel for tracking breaks etc. Excel can be used to report on data tracked.

If your office has Office Phone system, most set up will have some sort of time tracking mechanism for login, logout, breaks etc. You can utilize this log to track activity.

If you have some call operation aspect in the business, you may have CCMA or other system that can also track reason code for being away from desk/phone.

Some other means of tracking:
1. Access DB set up as Time Card /log system
2. Create logon script for Active Domain (Windows) login, this can generate log then report generated using Excel (via MS Query, PowerQuery, VBA etc). No additional software needed.

Also, in my opinion, productivity matrix should be based on task completed vs. time scheduled/spent. Not necessarily on schedule adherence. If 2 person completes same job (assume same quality of work), but one does so in 1 day and other in 2 days. I'd rate former higher, even if that person did not adhere well to schedule.

Of course, this is dependent on nature of the business. For Call Centre or Live Queue type of business, adherence is vital to maintain SLA.

Thank you for the reply.
I have posted the thread in the job/consulting forum.

Appreciate you feedback and suggestion but we dont have phone usage which will aid the tracking of absence from workstation. our nature of work is such that it keeps flowing in throughout the day and becomes available to all who are logged in thats why being present becomes important to take the work and becomes a part of their scorecard.
There are complex ways available however i needed a simple mechanism which would need minimum alteration and approval.

Thank again.

You'd probably want to post this in below forum.
http://chandoo.org/forum/forums/jobs/

My personal opinion on the matter, it's better to utilize other means (not necessarily 3rd party software) than Excel for tracking breaks etc. Excel can be used to report on data tracked.

If your office has Office Phone system, most set up will have some sort of time tracking mechanism for login, logout, breaks etc. You can utilize this log to track activity.

If you have some call operation aspect in the business, you may have CCMA or other system that can also track reason code for being away from desk/phone.

Some other means of tracking:
1. Access DB set up as Time Card /log system
2. Create logon script for Active Domain (Windows) login, this can generate log then report generated using Excel (via MS Query, PowerQuery, VBA etc). No additional software needed.

Also, in my opinion, productivity matrix should be based on task completed vs. time scheduled/spent. Not necessarily on schedule adherence. If 2 person completes same job (assume same quality of work), but one does so in 1 day and other in 2 days. I'd rate former higher, even if that person did not adhere well to schedule.

Of course, this is dependent on nature of the business. For Call Centre or Live Queue type of business, adherence is vital to maintain SLA.

Hi there, can you send some real data so that I can create a report as you desired.

thanz - Naveen

ca
I am trying to find a customised excel solution to track, manage and report our staff breaks ie the time they are off work in the office. This reports are important to track productivity and can affect their scorecards and the incentives they earn. We are a closed secured group and averse to use 3rd party softwares because the internet is limited to only access client softwares. In absence of a solution we are tracking it manually which has all kinds of limitations as count of staff increases gradually.

Can you create a solution for us which does it effectively in Excel? I am attaching my failed attempt and a vision of what I think I might work for us.

Back