• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vlookup Dynamic

Shailender

Hey All, Here is the question on vlookup, we need a vba code to fill down Vlookup dynamically till the data it is available. With each month a new column is being added in between the existing columns. In the new column inserted, vlookup function should run with Dynamic autofill. (Here is the Example which i included in the sheet)

Attachments

• V lookup.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 12
Hi,

Is it help for you? I used INDEX-MATCH instead of VLOOKUP because faster and more flexible.

Code:
Option Explicit
Sub FindValue()
Dim Lastrow As Long
Dim SourceSheet As Worksheet
Dim SourceLastrow As Long

Set SourceSheet = Worksheets("Data")

With SourceSheet
        SourceLastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    End With

With Worksheets("Vlook UP")
        Lastrow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
        .Range("B1:B" & Lastrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=INDEX(Data!R2C5:R" & SourceLastrow & "C5,MATCH(RC[-1],Data!R2C1:R" & SourceLastrow & "C1,0))"
    End With

End Sub

Attachments

• V lookup.xlsm
    23.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello Villalobos, thank you for getting back to my question. But still i am unable to do the vlookup dynamically. As i said i need to insert a column every month in between the columns i need to do vlookup till the last row. As i Can see above the range("B1:B" & lastrow) but i cannot give the specific range all the time when i insert the column.i need the vlookup function whenever i insert the new column in between the existing column.

It would be appreciated if someone get back to me with the solution.

Thank you in advance.

Like this?
Code:
Public Sub FillFormula()
With Sheets("Vlook UP").Range("B1:B" & Sheets("Vlook UP").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
    .Formula = "=VLOOKUP(A1,Data!$A$1:$E$" & Sheets("Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row & ",5,0)"
End With
End Sub
In your attached sheet data start from row 1 in your Vlook UP sheet so I have used B1 and A1. Please adjust those references and sheet names in your file if different.

Code:
Sub test()
Dim c As Long
Dim i As Long

c = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns("a:a"))

For i = 1 To c

Range("b" & i).Value = "=VLOOKUP(A" & i & ",Data!A:F,5,0)"

Next

End Sub

Back