• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Macros wiil not run as intended, any help will be appreciated

Coenie

Hi All,

Hi have attempted to automate some functions in a spreadsheet e.g. automated email, which is triggered with Conditional Formatting events. However, my issue is that I do not want the email to fire on each change but only when a person has made all the changes required and then click a command button "Update Roster Changes" to update changes.

Some content:

I use this spreadsheet to monitor my team's annual leave or movements. I have setup conditional formatting which formats a cell in a range bright red in the event where team members apply for leave resulting in only one team member to be left on site for a particular shift, called "Single Shift Events". These events are added together and displayed as a total.

I am attempting to trigger a notification email if, and only if, the "Single Shift Events" changes, on clicking the command button "Update Roster Changes"

My code works, but will always send the notification whether any changes have taken place or not when the "Update Roster Changes" button is clicked. I have commented out the email call option at the moment.

I would really appreciate if someone might be able to assist with or pointing me in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• Test Team Roster.xlsm
    651.4 KB · Views: 7
Coenie

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Can you please walk through an example using specific fields/cell references and explain when it should be triggered

Please also exaplain which module should be used

Coenie

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Can you please walk through an example using specific fields/cell references and explain when it should be triggered

Please also exaplain which module should be used

Hi Hui,

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. I have included a doc to explain the use of the sheet as well as how the macros should be functioning and the thinking behind it.

I am using VBAProject(Test Team Roster.xlsm), Sheet16 (2016) for most of the code and Module 1 for counting Conditional Formatted cells only.

Hope this all makes sense, but please let me know should you require further information.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• Roster Sheet explanation.docx
    90.6 KB · Views: 2
Back