• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Variable Tables in Dashboards

london_irish

Hi folks, I want to show one of 5 data tables in my Dashboard, based on a control button that I've successfully set up, but the problem is the tables all different sizes - the columns are identical but the number of rows is different in each one.

I've tried using the Camera tool and an IF statement, but the problem is the embedded picture stays the same size and the copy is either stretched or contracted within the picture depending on the different size tables.

Ideally I'd like to populate my dashboard with the data tables with the font sizes consistent for each one.

Does anyone have any tips of including variable tables in dashboards, without resorting to VBA, which I'm very weak at.

Any tips appreciated

l_i

Thanks sanmaya, I did look at this as an option and think I'll probably go with this as it keeps the number of visible cells consistent, which is what dashboarding is all about.

To square the circle, the best solution I found to this problem was to create a pivot table which I inserted into my dashboard and then I created a slicer for the dimension which I wanted to change the data and put that in the dashboard too.
When the slicer was updated the variable sized table updated in the dashboard.

Hey Presto!

Back