• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using Macro to save PDF and also note event

Hello all,

This site has been awesome with the help people have given. It is inspiring me to chip away at my program concepts.

I found a macro on this site to save a worksheet as a PDF. This is important as I can send a visual with info to parents.

What I also need as a teacher, is to be able to note this event and combine that note with other notes I may have. I will then be able to have these notes quickly accessible when needed for a parent or student conference.

I have attached the file so far of my basic concept. I need to arrange the second sheet like it is to be able to use the vlookup formula to gather the notes later, unless you may have a better suggestion that I may not have thought of.

Any input is welcome..thanks

Attachments

• pdfeventrecordingproblem.xlsm
    23 KB · Views: 7
This is where I am so far with my code to automatically fill in a note when a report is generated:

Code:
Sub lscolumn()
Range("a19").End(xlToRight).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell.Value = Date
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
ActiveCell.Value = "Report emailed/sent home"
End Sub

I have figured out how to find the last column and to insert and offset the info I want to input. I need help to figure this out:
1) My first column on the notes sheet is the list of student names, followed by blank columns where notes will be inputted. I need to establish the initial row lookup using the name value from another sheet instead of identifying a specific row like in this code. This will be dynamic based on the name of the student report I am saving on the other sheet. I am really not sure how to do this. The student name on the report sheet is identified in j3, if that helps.
2) Can I call this Macro from a different sheet? If so, what is the syntax to identify the proper sheet?

Thanks for any help.

Back