• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using Excel to identify and select eligible applicants from data bank

htonamie

Our company retains a list of potential applicants/hires for various jobs in several fields within our company. Not every applicant is eligible for all fields and the spreadsheet I've created indicates those fields for which they are not eligible to be considered. For those fields that they are eligible, the applicant has rank ordered their preference for the given field and the first column indicates a score they were assigned based on the resume they submitted to the company. When we have a vacancy, we would like to use the spreadsheet to find the first available candidate for each available field, identify the fields they are eligible to be considered in and they in the status column, indicate either one of the following hiring actions: "Hire", "Defer", "Not Available", "Declined". My thought was to use combinations of Index/Match, Find, Select, etc but admit that at this point, I'm over me head and we don't want the administrative assistant selecting and approaching the wrong candidate if the candidate isn't eligible for the job.

EDITED (SirJB7)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

First , let us get the terminology clear.

You have the following column labels :

Applicant Score , which I assume is the ranking that you have assigned each candidate.

C01P through Y01X , which I assume are the various fields , for which the candidates have given their preferences , from 1 through 8 ; I also assume that 1 means this is the field the candidate would like most , while 8 would signify liking it least. I assume NE stands for Not Eligible , while N stands for the candidate not wanting that field.

What is the role of the column B , which is labelled Field ?

Narayan

mea culpa...I've edited the worksheet...Column B is simply the type of work for which we would consider each applicant, i.e. administrative, accounting/finance, transportation. The relevance is that is makes it simpler for our Administrative Assistant to quickly identify potential candidates based on the job openings that become available, i.e, he can look at any available candidates for administrative openings v openings in our accounting department.

Attachments

• APPLICANT DATA.xls
    42 KB · Views: 7
Back