• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Use Formula to simultaneously lookup multiple values and perform some calculation

vicks

Please look at the accompanying sample sheet. I need some help in doing the following :

1 I need to paste some data in the first two columns from an external sheet. Thus the data to be pasted in Column A, for example, will be some text exactly similar to what is currently in Column D. The current column D contains a question and possible answer choices to the question.

2. Column B will have the exact text based answer choice, one of the five, provided in columns E to column I

3. I need to put in a formula in Column C that automatically looks up (a) the exact question asked in Column D (b) simultaneously looks up horizontally the exact answer choice (from among columns E to I and (c) calculates the numerical score based on the answer choice ( as provided in a scoring table in Columns L and M.

I am expecting some 300 rows of questions that will populate Column D and as many answer choice row entries in columns E to I

Any assistance is highly appreciated

Attachments

• Chandoo Question.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

Welcome to chandoo.org forum.

Not fully understood the question. But see this file.

Regards,

Attachments

• Chandoo Question (2).xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 2
Back