• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

To do list, using Index and Small..?

IainG

Afternoon everyone,

I have been struggling for a while with this one, haven't managed to make it work as yet...

I have a spreadsheet used for recording FOI requests. These requests have a 20 day time limit, so reminders get sent out at set intervals if they are still outstanding. I want to have a tab on my sheet which shows those that are due for a reminder, or a response, that day.

I saw this post (http://chandoo.org/wp/2014/11/10/formula-forensics-no-003b-lukes-reward-part-ii/) which would be what i want, but i cannot make it work for me.

So... I want the to do list on tab 1, with the FOIs reference appearing under the respective reminder days. The main log is on tab 2, hopefully self-explanatory (or maybe just to me as i've been building this for years!).
To be on the list a line/reference should (using the 10 day reminder as an example):
In column AX, be between 10 and 6 (inclusive of those numbers)
Column AA should be blank (i.e. request is not yet answered)
Column V should also be blank (i.e. not already sent a reminder)

The best i have managed so far is for the list to display the first instance of a reminder due, but this then get repeated downwards instead of moving onto the next instance, and i really cannot get my head around why :-(

Thanks in advance if anybody attempts to help, and please feel free to steal anything from my sheet if you want to (or even suggest other improvements if you come across anything that could be done better of different!)

Iain

Attachments

• Exemplar FOI Log 14-15.xlsx
    373 KB · Views: 7
Hi Iain ,

I am not sure I have understood your requirement ; will the following array formula help ?

=INDEX(RequestLog!$B$8:$B$1006,SMALL(IF(RequestLog!$AX$8:$AX$1006>=6,IF(RequestLog!$AX$8:$AX$1006<=10,IF(RequestLog!$AA$8:$AA$1006="",IF(RequestLog!$V$8:$V$1006="",ROW($A$8:$A$1006)-MIN(ROW($A$8:$A$1006))+1)))),ROW(A1)))

Narayan

Thank you so much Narayan,

It looks like that works perfectly. I'll modify it to fit the parameters of the other lists, but can't see it not working for anything. You have saved my already thinning hair from further abuse!

Back