• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

table search help

Hi All,

I'm struggling to get a consistent formula to work on my table.

I've attached an example. I'm looking for a formula for column C that will match the correct numbered column with the item shown in each row of the table.

Then if the content of the cell in the row changes, it searches for the matching row etc.

Any help would be great

Regards

Brian

Attachments

• Workbook2.xlsx
    53 KB · Views: 4
Hope you dont mind i added to Nebu answer and fixed a error that was in his and in your original ..... Colum C12 the formula reference was different from the rest eg offset($k$4 .... was offset($L$4 This is why your original was giving a error in this row
also i added a if to his formula that blanks rows in column D so that row only shows results for Double and Leaf & half ... and in C i added a iferror and a error to blank out results for Double and Leaf & half ... just thinks it makes it clearer to see the results this way.

Attachments

• NebuJohn.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 4
Hope you dont mind i added to Nebu answer and fixed a error that was in his and in your original ..... Colum C12 the formula reference was different from the rest eg offset($k$4 .... was offset($L$4 This is why your original was giving a error in this row
also i added a if to his formula that blanks rows in column D so that row only shows results for Double and Leaf & half ... and in C i added a iferror and a error to blank out results for Double and Leaf & half ... just thinks it makes it clearer to see the results this way.

Hi Nebu.John

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to help me.

It's much appreciated.

Regards

Brian

Back