• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Show a Comma After Millions

Pinang

Excel 2013 only shows a comma after the thousands and not after millions , so 1234567 would show as 1234,567 and not 1,234,567. #,###,##0 doesn't work, none of the customs work. Does anybody have a format that actually works?

Hi ,

This is a Windows OS setting ; go into Control Panel , Region , Advanced Settings , Digit Grouping ; select the one you want.

Narayan

Hi Khalid ,

The problem is what you have posted ; the full sentence from the original post is :

Excel 2013 only shows a comma after the thousands and not after millions , so 1234567 would show as 1234,567 and not 1,234,567.

So at present , 1234567 is showing as 1234,567 , with the comma acting only as the thousands separator , and not after every group of 3 digits ; Pinang wants that it should act as a grouping separator , so that 1234567 would be displayed as 1,234,567.

Narayan

Dear Sir's.

But I have checked in Excel 2010 its Giving the Pinang result without any issue with just format cell.

Attachments

• Seprator.JPG
    Seprator.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi Khalid ,

The problem is what you have posted ; the full sentence from the original post is :

So at present , 1234567 is showing as 1234,567 , with the comma acting only as the thousands separator , and not after every group of 3 digits ; Pinang wants that it should act as a grouping separator , so that 1234567 would be displayed as 1,234,567.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,
Good day Sir...

Pardon, i misunderstood.

Hi Jitendra ,

I don't think I made myself clear ; I know your Windows setting has to be that ; you need not upload any picture.

I want you to see for yourself what happens if you change the Windows setting , and then select the comma format in Excel.

Narayan

Back