• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Selecting Multiple Values in a Slicer with VBA

Chiemi Yokota

Hello,

I have a slicer which value consists of Fiscal week (1 - 53). Each week when I refresh my powerpivot, I would like to select weeks from 1 thru last week.

The code is attached below, and it gets stuck at ".slicerItems(i) ..." line. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Code:
Sub Test4()

Worksheets("Top 20 - YTD").Select

Dim CY_WK As Integer
CY_WK = Sheets("Note").Range("A2").Value

Dim i As Integer

With ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches("Slicer_theBookedWeek2")
    For i = 1 To CY_WK
     .SlicerItems(i).Selected = True
    Next i

End With

End Sub

Thank you!!!

Chiemi

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Try:
.SlicerItems(trim(str(i))).Selected = True

If that doesn't help
can you upload your file?

Thank you for the warm welcome and great suggestion, Hui.

The code still get stuck at the line. The error says Slicer Items expression is not defined in context ...

I would like to upload the file but it has all the confidential sales number ...

What else can I try to make this code work?

Thank you!

Even when slicers have numbers they appear to be listed as Labels in the slicer and on my test data 1 was shown as "1"
up the top add
Code:
Dim Tempstr as String

Then add two lines
Code:
Tempstr = chr(34)+trim(str(i))+chr(34)
.SlicerItems(Tempstr).Selected = True

Last edited:
Thank you again ... it still doesn't work :(

I noticed that if I were to use Array function with .VisibleSlicerItemsList command, it works fine. But I am not proficient in VBA enough to convert this into the For i function so that all weeks from 1 up to the current week will be selected.

I tried to do the same using the .SlicerItems, but it doesn't recognize the value of i at all.

Code:
Dim i As Integer

i = 13

ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches("Slicer_theBookedWeek2").ClearManualFilter

ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches("Slicer_theBookedWeek2").VisibleSlicerItemsList = _
    Array("[Gross].[theBookedWeek].&[" & i & "]")

Chiemi

Just thinking about your problem

If you want to select all the Slicers, isn't that the same as clearing all the selections?

Code:

The code below is working for me :

Code:
Dim i As Integer
Dim CY_WK As Integer
CY_WK = Sheets("Note").Range("A2").Value

With ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches("Slicer_theBookedWeek2")
  For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches("Slicer_theBookedWeek2").SlicerItems.Count
  If i <= CY_WK Then
  .SlicerItems(i).Selected = True
  Else
  .SlicerItems(i).Selected = False
  End If
  Next

End With

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").PivotTables("pivotTable1").PivotCache.Refresh 'Not sure this line is needed

Thank yonu again. I don't think the issue is the code ... I don't know what it's doing on the back end, but each week value (1 - 53) which stored as integer in the table in the power pivot becomes something else when it is used in the slicer. I tried your str() or trim() along with the codes above, but nothing works ...

The only success I had was when I used the .VisibleSlicerItemsList. Even if I were to manually put the number in the string format, the code gets stuck with .SlicerItem command.

I'm thinking I can just add the msg box to pop up asking users to use Ctrl + current week value, so the cumulative weeks will be highlighted ...

Do you want to email me the file and I can review
Discretion guaranteed
Or
Just replace all names with A's etc

Hi Hui,

I tried to upload the file, but the powerpivot table is too big. It is 1.2 MB. Would it be possible to e-mail it to you? I deleted all the confidential material. I tried the conversation but it says I can't start the conversation with you ... So sorry. New to the site. Learning everything.

Thank you so very much for all your help.

Back