• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Screen in disarray

Obfuscated

This is a cross-post. I posted similar on excelforum. The only answer I got there was "I have same trouble...don't know how to fix."

My problem is, when opening the workbook, the radio button and some other graphics are mis-placed. If you scroll everything off the screen and come back, it will display correctly, or if you select another tab, and come back, it will be right.

I have tried to select/activate other tabs when opening the workbook but that doesn't work.

What causes this? And how can I fix it so that the workbook opens with everything where it needs to be?

I'm using Excel 2007 & 2010. 2007 at home, 2010 at work.

Thanks,

Obfuscated

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

A few suggestions if I may

1. Check all the objects and ensure that they have the correct properties set
Right Click on each object
Format
Properties tab
Tick Don't Move or Size with cells
Enable/disable print Control as appropriate

2. Save the file

3. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 once
Save the file
Close Excel
Open Excel and check the behaviour

4. If the above doesn't help, try adding a macro to the Worksheet Activate event to the worksheet where you have problems
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
  Range("A1").Select
  ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=120
  ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Up:=120
End Sub

LOL...DUH.

My answer was in my question. Your suggestion about the activate/scroll works great. I looked at all the properties on the objects, and they were all good. The scroll method works fine. Any idea what causes this to happen?

Thanks for waking an old (61 yrs) mind, get forgetful sometimes.

Thanks.

Back