• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Runtime Error '-2147417848 (80010108)

Portucale

Hi,
In certain occasions users get the following message when trying to open a workbook containing data which can be drilled down with the use of slicers.
Error message:
Runtime Error '-2147417848 (80010108)'
Automation Error
The Object Invoked has disconnected from its clients

When I select the "Debug" button it takes me to the code part
Code:
For Each slcr In ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches

below the complete code:
Code:
Private Sub clearslcr()
Dim slcr As SlicerCache

'~~~ Set the application properties
    With Application
        .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
        .DisplayAlerts = False
        .ScreenUpdating = False
        .EnableEvents = False
    End With
' ~~~ Run process
    For Each slcr In ActiveWorkbook.SlicerCaches
        slcr.ClearManualFilter
    Next slcr 
'~~~ Restore the application properties
    With Application
        .DisplayAlerts = True
        .ScreenUpdating = True
        .EnableEvents = True
        .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    End With
End Sub

I am struggling to identify the error, so any help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Are all users running the same version of XL? XL 2007 has no slicers, XL 2010 has Pivot slicers, and XL 2013 has table slicers. This would be my first guess.

Are all users running the same version of XL? XL 2007 has no slicers, XL 2010 has Pivot slicers, and XL 2013 has table slicers. This would be my first guess.
Thanks for the reply,

Yes all the users are using Excel 2010 and Pivot Slicers, this is a dashboard which is accessed via SharePoint, and, the workbook "Reset" the slicers on opening.

Thanks,

Does changing the object "ActiveWorkbook" to "ThisWorkbook" help? Perhaps some other workbook is becoming active during code run?

Hi Portucale ,

This is a universal error , which is displayed in all sorts of circumstances ; I have had it happen when dealing with Excel tables , while adding table rows. In that case , I saw that the same code works flawlessly in Excel 2007.

Of course that is not a solution in your case , but my point is that the error is not a real error , and all sorts of suggestions have been made , including putting the calculation to Manual ( which you are already doing ).

The problem may also be due to the data itself , and just deleting and recreating all the slicers may resolve the problem. It is very difficult to pinpoint the reason for the problem.

Narayan

Thanks Luke/Narayan for your information

I understand what you mention Narayan, as I was/still puzzled with the error, so I just remove the update the slicers on "This Workbook" On Open statement and now is working with no issues "fingers crossed" ;)

Again many thanks for all the hints and tips,

Back