• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove Spaces from CONCATENATE

I have a large amout of text in a =CONCATENATE(if function.

It is putting a , between each word. When there isn't an answer it is leaving a big space. Is it possble to remove this.

Code below.
=CONCATENATE(IF(F62="x",Request!B62&",","")&" "&IF(F63="x",Request!B63&",","")&" "&IF(F64="x",Request!B64&",",""))

Hi Lesley ,

Wrap a TRIM around your existing formula , as in :

=TRIM(
CONCATENATE(IF(F62="x",Request!B62&",","") & " " & IF(F63="x",Request!B63&",","") & " " & IF(F64="x",Request!B64&",","")))

Narayan

Hi Lesley ,

Even better , try this :

=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(CONCATENATE(IF(F62="x",Request!B62&" ","") & " " & IF(F63="x",Request!B63&" ","") & " " & IF(F64="x",Request!B64,"")))," ",",")

Narayan

It looks to me like you're introducing those extra spaces needlessly in the first place, and that you don't actually need that CONCATENATE function in there, because those ampersands i.e. & are already doing all the concatenating:

=IF(F62="x",Request!B62, "")&IF(F63="x", ", " & Request!B63,"")&IF(F64="x",", " & Request!B64&",","")

Or you can use this:
=REPT(Request!B62, F62="x") & REPT(", " & Request!B63, F63="x") & REPT(", " & Request!B64, F64="x")

Back