• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Protect cells

Veeru106

Hi,

I using one code to restrict user to change data once they enter it in specific cells.

Once they enter data they cant change it until they enter password t unprotect sheet.

Just want to kow, is there any way , by which we can give some time before that cell become unchangeable.

I was thinking it will be tedious job for file owner to unprotect this sheet , if they have enter wrong data.

They may by mistake have enter 50, where as it should be 500 and press enter , cell become unchangeable without password.

Can we have something , where we give them like half an hour before cells become unchangeable.

Sheet attached for further reference.

Please suggest something for this.

thanks

Attachments

• Protect cell.xlsm
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
As a suggestion, I use a button to 'confirm entries' which then locks them. Also have the entries lock upon exiting the entry tab.

Veeru106
Test this ... there is one hour 'oops-I-made-a-mistake'-limit.
Fill any of those yellow cells and ... wait ...
( now in sample, a help column is 'near and visible' )

Attachments

• Protect cell.xlsm
    15.3 KB · Views: 9
Dear Rodger your idea is good......Dear Vletm i did test your one as well and now need to final from both..

Vletm what have you done with the file...can you please explain..i didnt find any code in your sheet..?

Veeru106
What would mean 'final'?
... all depends what, how ... needs...
That file could be final, if You need as You have done it.

Did You test it?

Did You need file:
User could fill eg those yellow cells and
after 'oops-I-made-a-mistake'-limit,
user cannot modify filled cell anymore.
> 1st - I took away that 'protection'
> 2nd - I wrote some code (and code is there) which tries to do as You needed
... You needed 'oops-I-made-a-mistake'-limit, then somewhere have be that information. In this sample, those are near and visible.
In 'final'-file, those should be somewhere else!
There no need to have 'extra buttons'.

Back