• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivots using VBA Macro

Hi All,

I am trying to write a macro to create multiple pivots in 1 sheet, like one pivot below the other.

please help me, how do I Identify last row + 1 and place the second pivot, then third and so on. I want total of 7 pivots from same data source.

Regards,
Sam

Hi @Sameer.k21

You can use the following code to identify the last row + 1. Just replace columns("F") with any column containing the pivot tables:
Code:
Columns("F").Cells(Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

Hope this helps

Hi @Sameer.k21

You can use the following code to identify the last row + 1. Just replace columns("F") with any column containing the pivot tables:
Code:
Columns("F").Cells(Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

Hope this helps
Thanks @PCosta87
I used
Code:
LastRow = PSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Code:
Set PCache = ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create _
(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=PRange). _
CreatePivotTable(TableDestination:=PSheet.Cells(LastRow + 4, 1), TableName:="LangPivotTable4")

@PCosta87 any suggestions on filtering xlColumnField and selecting one value?

Untested but you should be able to use something like:
Code:
 Sheets(1).PivotTables("LangPivotTable4").PivotFields("C").PivotFilters.Add2 _
        Type:=xlCaptionEquals, Value1:="c2"

... by replacing PivotFields("C") with the field you wish to apply the filter to, and Value1:="C2" with the criteria for the filter

If you have any further questions just ask

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was trying. Why is Value1 and not just Value?

@Sameer.k21

You are welcome :)

About your question, it is value1 because you can have criteria with more than one value... for instance, if you wanted to display data between two dates you would have to use value1 and value2, start date and end date, respectively.

Back