• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot table help - Not sure if this can be done

lwilt

I have a pivot table with sales data and it has the month that the order occurred in along with customer information. I'm trying to see if there is a way to make a pivot table so that I could select multiple months(lets say jan and feb for 2013 and 2014) where orders occurred in and see what percentage of that occurred against the two years of data as well as being able to compare the number of customers ordering and number of orders for those 2 months against the years I'm looking at.

I'm trying to do this in a pivot table so that I can continuously change the months and compare against the years Im looking at but I don't see how to set this up so that it would work. Is this possible to do?

Your PT will show what ever you set up in your data table, it is far easier to do it in the data tables than to set up in a PT.
Once your table has the full data then you can slice and dice your PT any way you wish.
PT will update when any fresh data is applied in the tables.

right....but how can I set it up so that the user can select and months he or shes wishes and be able to then take those sales data and compare that to the entire year those months occur in to see the percentage of sales those months had for the year

Back