• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table - filter multiple values except one

carics

Good morning all,

I have a Pivot Table where I am filtering out all "0" and "blank" values in the report filter for my column T. That means I end up viewing all values 1, 2, 3...... 250 and they are all selected.

Next week when I refresh the PT and there is a value 251 or 1000. Will these ALWAYS be included in my filter?

Hi ,

I just tried it out on a file , and what I observed is :

Suppose I put a filter on the existing pivot table , so that 'x' items are excluded.

Now I extended the range of the pivot table to include new data ; then I did a Refresh All.

What I see is that the 'x' excluded items remain excluded ; but what is surprising is that none of the new items has been included. What this means is that if you have a filter in place , then that filter remains intact , but it also excludes all new data !

So when ever new data is added to the pivot table source , before refreshing the pivot table ensure that all filters are removed.

Narayan

bummer!

But actually I noticed the other way around. My selection had only numbers, and when I excluded "0" and "blank" and refreshed with new values, also the new ones got included in the data shown...

Actually that is why I asked; I had seen it both ways and if I cannot understand it then I cannot trust it :/

Thank you for looking Narayan! Cheers.

Back