• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Password protected sheet help

I know better to even ask but I am getting desperate. I had Office 2010 32 bit software and upgraded yesterday. The guru from the office supply installed it except he accidently installed 32 bit on top of 32 bit. No biggie. I called Microsoft and they helped me uninstall and reinstall the 64 bit. Here is the deal. I no longer have my add on for my passwords on the sheets that I protect. I have roughly 36 sheets and each protected. When I program I would just use the add on, make my changes and then protect as I go. Well, 3 sheets will not unlock so I am sure I fat fingered them or something. need less to say I forgot my password and I need to unlock them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciative

It was an add on I placed on there 3 years ago so my memory is a little fogged. I remember it was by a person named Gillspie. (spelling wrong) It was an exe and I would press remove passwords and it would run. It took less than 5 minutes to unlock all my sheets

Hi, Jack-P-Winner!
Besides 1st firing and then getting killed the guru at the office supplier, if I were you I'd begin searching the web. I found this link, maybe you find it useful.
http://markmail.org/message/3ss3wj5fh4rntxsa
Otherwise... Elcomsoft. And bill that genius.
Sorry but I'm not able to further help you.
Regards!

Ok, upload you smallest on Dropbox, that is if you don't mind doing it and send me the link on my email address for security reasons and I will test

Hi, all!
I don't want to be bad news but... I'm afraid that the code of kchiba's link works only for .xls files. Hope Jack-P-Winner's files are 2003 version.
Regards!

Hi Jack,

I looked at the xml properties file of some of your sheets, the protection does not seem the conventional from Excel, did you use some other programme to protect the files?

Sorry to say so far no joy.

Jack,

will run overnight, I think that despite the not responding message it is working, albeit, very slowly.

The size of your file is also no help, my machine has resource problems.

cheers

I just noticed even my Macros are locked out. When I click on view Macros, nothing is there. I do not know what the freak Microsoft did when they HELPED me load office 2013 but now I am totally po'd

Tell me how this makes sense. I loaded it on my wifes pc and she has 2007 office. The protection ran and said now it will go remove passwords and then ask for a password. I am not asking for a removal tool or anything that will violate rules only suggestions. I am more than frustrated

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9260j215374yess/photo.JPG

Besides 1st firing and then getting killed the guru at the office supplier, if I were you I'd begin searching the web. I found this link, maybe you find it useful.
http://markmail.org/message/3ss3wj5fh4rntxsa
Hi, Jack-P-Winner!
This link to the AllInternalPasswords utility:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
seems to be a refinated form of my previously posted link, which I quote.
Have you tried it? Assuming you yet did, well, then you have another one to play with.
Regards!

His software is the one I used on my 2010 and it worked beautifully, nothing seems to work on this 2013. I just noticed that my MACROS are blanked out as well as if there is a different type of password on my files altogether ):

Hi, Jack-P-Winner!

AFAIK the internal password structure is tied to:
Office 95, 32 bit key
Office 97-2003, 40 bit
Office 2007+, AES 128 bit
and I don't think there's any change between 2013 and 2010.

However, if I were you and not being in condition of Elcomsoft solutions (or any other), why don't you uninstall 2013 version and reinstall your previous one?

Despite of this and if you work always with passwords, you should opt for a safer environment and have a commercial utility at a hand, independent of the Office versions.

Regards!

I tried the reinstall. Thanks to Microsoft they deleted my roots too It won't work. I actually got a kind person at Microsoft who spent 1 1/2 hrs with me on the phone. He was lost and apologized. Gee thanks Mcrosoft

Back