• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

nested if formula

HVK1986

Hi all,

I have 45 branch names in column A, each br name has got a different br code.

Now if i enter a branch name in A1, automatically corrsponding br code should be displayed in c1....likewise i have 45 branch names with diff br codes...

Pls guide

Hi Harry

I think I am wrong but I understand that you have the branch name and the corresponding branch code in a table. So you can use VLOOKUP function to fetch the branch code from the table.

Amritansh

@Harry

Hi

if your Branch Name Located in Sheet1 in the Column A and Branch Codes in Column B

and now you want to reflect the Branch Codes in the Sheet 2 then use the Formula

say your data from A1:B1000

WRITE THE FORMULA IN SHEET2 OF A1

=VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet1'!$a$1:$b$1000,2,0) and enter

when you enter the branch name in the Sheet2 of A1 then the Branch Code will reflect in B1

Hope it will solve your problem other wise please give some more details

Thanks

SP

correction to sgmpatnaik: if you want the branch code to display in B1 (or C1 as you indicated in your original post), then that is where you'll enter the formula.

[if i read the above correct, he said to enter the formula in A1 on Sheet2.]

did this work for you?

thank u very much....

you told a very easy method for my problem. actually i was using multiple if formula for that....vlookup is very easy..thanks a lot.

Now one more question i have is, if the data doesn't match to the data used for vlookup #N/A should not be displayed, rather i want the cell blank...pls guide

Back