• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need some help with code

This is a pyramid using lottery math in which you do not carry over a number. What I mean is for example basic math is 9+9=18 in lottery math 9+9=8. Any-who, I have become brain locked for some reason, I want to eliminate a digit from row 15 and only have 7 spaces not 8 and every adjustment I make to the code will not work errr

So what I am wanting is you will see in row 15 12340123, I want it to read 1234123 and still do the math correctly. If I need to explain in detail how to add the entire pyramid I can but it may not be needed....you make that call

Attachments

• NumerologyPRO Pick 4_3.xlsx
    38.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello again Jack!

For the first bit, about doing lottery math, use the function syntax
=MOD(A1+A2,10)
That will make sure you only retain the one's digit.

For your pyramid, I'm afraid I still don't get the math. If we reduce the length from 7 to 8, we'd need to shift the end. But, I can see that formulas are not always the same....they do something strange at the end. Perhaps this is clearer with arrows.
upload_2014-9-23_9-5-31.png
The 3 took values from above and to the top-left, the 6 took values from above and to right, and the 5 took value from above and top-right. Can you explain the pattern? Also, do the "<<" and ">>" symbols mean anything?

Or, another picture
upload_2014-9-23_9-7-54.png
Everything sort of makes sense as pulling from left and below, until the end when we get to the 5, and it decides to ignore the 1 to the left. :(

How about a pyramid that can handle anywhere from 1 to 17 digits? :p

Attachments

• Expanding Pyramid.xlsx
    44.8 KB · Views: 16
Back