• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Moving a row with info into one column

Tom90

Hi can anyone help, I have a table that 11 row by 11 columns and within the rows there will be one entry of text but not always is the same column what I am looking for to find a formula that will move through each row by column by column and find the one that has text in it and move it back to a single column "A" "Main Data", As per the file I am trying to move the data in column "A" "Main Data"

Tom90

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi can anyone help, I have a table that 11 row by 11 columns and within the rows there will be one entry of text but not always is the same column what I am looking for to find a formula that will move through each row by column by column and find the one that has text in it and move it back to a single column "A" "Main Data", As per the file I am trying to move the data in column "A" "Main Data"

Tom90
Will each row always only have one cell with data in it? If so just concatenate them all A1=Concatenate(b1,c1,d1,e1 ...)

Tom

I'd put this in Cell; A2:
=IFERROR(INDEX(B2:K2,,MATCH("ZZZZZZZZZZ",B2:K2,1)),"")
Copy down
Make sure there are more Z's than the longest piece of Name

see attached file:

Attachments

• Toms Book.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 3
Back