• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Move Data to one Column

Tom90

Hi can anyone help me I am try to move the data into one column (1) and where the cell in the column has data in it put the data in the next column same row. As per below I want to move all I can into Column 1 and if it is full then following the red line to the next column 2,

I don’t mind using Formal or VBA as long I can get it to work I have tried a few IF statements I can fill column 1 ok but I find it hard to move the data beside it to the next column 2

upload_2017-2-23_2-16-2.png

Try.....

1. Select range A1:C18

2. Press Ctrl+G

3. Click "Special"

4. Click "Blanks"

5. Click OK!

6. Right click and select "Delete..." from the dropdown list

7. Click "Shift cells left"

8. Click OK!

Regards
Bosco

Hi Bosco thanks for the reply I have tried as you have said all is ok until I get to number 5 "Click OK!" it comes up with a message box "there is no blanks" and does not work,

Hi Bosco thanks for the reply I have tried as you have said all is ok until I get to number 5 "Click OK!" it comes up with a message box "there is no blanks" and does not work,
1] Please follow the process "Remove blank cells (keyboard shortcut F5)" in this website.

http://www.get-digital-help.com/2007/09/16/excel-remove-blank-cells/

2] To meet with your requirement, 2nd of the last step

I made change in "Shift cells up" to "Shift cells left"

Regards
Bosco

Hi thanks Bosco that works great but it is not exactly what I am looking for I may not explained it to well, it you look at the example were there is the three column I want everything to retain it row but move into column 1 if you look at the bottom three in column I want them to move into column 1 and the one that is in column 3 to move into column 2, I am only showing a small example but this will be over 500 rows and about 5 columns which I all to move into column 1 and any in the next column to move along with it so that they are all next row to next row,

Hope this makes sense, Tom90

Back