• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Looking for IFERROR conditional format

Hi all,

I'm back with another question. I've got this formula:

[=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$A$2:$B$364,2),INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(C7,Sheet1!F:F,0)))]

This formula is working just fine to return a result, however, I want to know if the result was triggered by the IFERROR or if the result was from the first vlookup. I would like to see this by either changing the text color, changing it to bold, or highlighting the cell if the first vlookup returned an error.

So far I've tried a couple of conditional formatting formulas but cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for your help ninjas,

TheDoctor

Hi all,

I'm back with another question. I've got this formula:

[=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$A$2:$B$364,2),INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(C7,Sheet1!F:F,0)))]

This formula is working just fine to return a result, however, I want to know if the result was triggered by the IFERROR or if the result was from the first vlookup. I would like to see this by either changing the text color, changing it to bold, or highlighting the cell if the first vlookup returned an error.

So far I've tried a couple of conditional formatting formulas but cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for your help ninjas,

TheDoctor
Hi,

Take either of your formula and wrap it in an iserror statement and use that for conditional formatting formula like this

=ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$A$2:$B$364,2))

Now if that returns an error the cell gets a colour change.

If you want you can use the second formula as well wrapped in ISERROR and choose a different colour.

Last edited:
Back