• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Loading data on power query

nathank

Hello to all,

I'd like to tell you about a problem I'm having when loading data from an xlsx file (located on a sharepoint), via power query, from a data stream.

I have deactivated the data type recognition on power query but when I load the file, I notice a difference between the date data (see attachments). On the one hand, on the xlsx file, the dates appear as "yyyy-mm-dd" and on power query, a number that does not seem to be the subtraction of these numbers appears. I would like to point out that the date data in the xlsx file is of the "general" type.
I note however that the problem is solved when I recognize the columns under the date format on the xslx file directly, but this is not a viable solution because it is a file from an external source, there are many files downloaded daily, which would represent a very big waste of time.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem comes from and how to solve it?

ps : sorry for my english

Attachments

• data_excel.jpg
    data_excel.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 10
  • data_power_query.jpg
    data_power_query.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 9
Hi,

This is normal. Dates are just whole numbers and date time values are decimal values in Excel. Since you indicate the format in the source file is general Power Query cannot guess those numbers to be dates or date time types. If you'd set the types in Power Query on those columns the issue is solved.

Back