• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert blank "result" between groups

Formula in B2:
=A2

Formula in B3 copied downward:
=IF(AND(B2<>"",INDEX(A:A,COUNTIF(B$1:B2,">""")+1)<>B2),"",INDEX(A:A,COUNTIF(B$1:B2,">""")+1))

Hi
How about 2 columns separated by blanks for each group ?
Thanks

Attachments

• Blank between groups.JPG
    Blank between groups.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi Narayan
Thanks for your fast reply.
When I change the numbers, the results are incorrect.
Oliver

Attachments

• Example1.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi Oliver ,

I am not sure I have understood your requirement , but check this file.

Narayan

Attachments

• Example1.xlsx
    9 KB · Views: 3
Hi Narayan
That's it. Perfect, every group (ColA) and appropriate value (ColB) has been copied with blanks between each group to the results (ColD&E).
How can I thank you for this, I've been looking for a week for a solution in several forums, but in vain.
Wish you all the best.
Best regards
Oliver

Dear
I'm trying to improve the solution you gave me above, with a date-criteria.
Is it possible as well ?
Thanks
Oliver

Attachments

• Insert blank between groups with date condition.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Oliver ,

Can you check this file ?

Narayan

Attachments

• Insert blank between groups with date condition.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 11
Dear, I need a small request, insert an extra condition in the formula to search also into a second column, as shown in the file
Thanks
Oliver

Attachments

• Insert blank between groups with date condition (1).xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi Guatelize,

Is it an idea to use only one column for the dates and the second for the tag NORTH or SOUTH ?

ExampleB.png

In the file, the table in columns L to N searches only in column B for the Date, what I need is it looks also in column C.

I don't understand (yet) how the formula in your example works, so I think we need to bring NARAYANK991 back on this.

On another note... have you tried my proposal of simply keeping the dates in the same column? Because I don't see anything that should give any troubles.

Thanks for your suggestion, there is too many data (about 30000 lines) and the file is shared and used by several persons, it is better to avoid mixing both regions together.
Thanks anyway for your effort
Olivier

Hi Oliver ,

Your post mentioned the addition of a second column , which is fine ; however , the criteria range has 2 dates.

Are we supposed to check only for these two dates , or are they a lower limit and an upper limit , and all dates falling between the two dates need to be considered ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan, yes, the criteria range has only 2 dates and no consideration for dates falling in between. In reality, the file is a presentation of all items sold per region in selected dates only (=criteria)
Thanks very much for your effort.
regards
Olivier

Hi Oliver ,

I am not sure this is robust , so check it out thoroughly , and let me know if you face any problem.

Narayan

Attachments

• Insert blank between groups with date condition_2.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 3
Back