• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IF statements with multiple variables

Weldon

How do I construct an IF statement with multiple variables: =IF(C2=D2,"",IF(C2="FB", Move, "Request"))

This statement says if C2 = "FB" then "Move" otherwise "Request. And works for only the value "FB" but I need the statement to evaluate IF(C2="FB, MCL, AVB, WSR, and so on. . .in other words, in the second IF statment above how do I construct the statement if there are a number of conditions and if any of those conditions exist THEN, Move otherwise Request.

How do I construct an IF statement with multiple variables: =IF(C2=D2,"",IF(C2="FB", Move, "Request"))

This statement says if C2 = "FB" then "Move" otherwise "Request. And works for only the value "FB" but I need the statement to evaluate IF(C2="FB, MCL, AVB, WSR, and so on. . .in other words, in the second IF statment above how do I construct the statement if there are a number of conditions and if any of those conditions exist THEN, Move otherwise Request.
Hi,

Add extra conditions as you need to into the bold part of the formula

=IF(C2=D2,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,{"FB","MCL","AVB","WSR"},0)), "Move", "Request"))

Back